A collaborative development environment.
GForge has tools to help your team collaborate, like message forums and mailing lists; tools to create and control access to Source Code Management repositories like CVS and Subversion.
GForge automatically creates a repository and controls access to it depending on the role settings of the project.
- Manage File Releases
- Document Management
- News announcements
- Surveys for users and admins
- Issue tracking with "unlimited" numbers of categories, text fields, etc
- Task management
- A Web site for every project
- Versioning via CVS
- Shell access to the server for the developers
- A web site for project coordination and comunication between team members:
- Discussion Forums - For discussions between team members
- Bug tracking - Allow registration and administration of bugs
- Support requests, patch submissions, and enhancement requests
- Comunication between project members using mailing lists
- Sharing of documentation
- Handling of todo lists, tasks, etc
- File uploads/releases
- Posting of news - Every project can have its own news items.
- Code Snippets - Provides of a basic knowledgebase that can contain code fragments, HOWTOs, etc.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 5.5
- A new "Community Edition" replaces the "Express Edition" with the 5.5 final release and includes most of the new features in GForge AS 5.5.