GForge is a Web-based collaborative development environment. GForge is based on a fork of the 2.61 SourceForge code, which used to be available via anonymous CVS from VA Software, but has been extensively rewritten and enhanced.
GForge has tools to help your team collaborate, like message forums and mailing lists; tools to create and control access to Source Code Management repositories like CVS and Subversion.
GForge automatically creates a repository and controls access to it depending on the role settings of the project.
- Manage File Releases
- Document Management
- News announcements
- Surveys for users and admins
- Issue tracking with "unlimited" numbers of categories, text fields, etc
- Task management
Here are some key features of "GForge":
· A Web site for every project
· Versioning via CVS
· Shell access to the server for the developers
A web site for project coordination and comunication between team members:
· Discussion Forums - For discussions between team members
· Bug tracking - Allow registration and administration of bugs
· Support requests, patch submissions, and enhancement requests
· Comunication between project members using mailing lists
· Sharing of documentation
· Handling of todo lists, tasks, etc
· File uploads/releases
· Posting of news - Every project can have its own news items.
· Code Snippets - Provides of a basic knowledgebase that can contain code fragments, HOWTOs, etc.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A new "Community Edition" replaces the "Express Edition" with the 5.5 final release and includes most of the new features in GForge AS 5.5.