Ultimate++ is a cross-platform C++ rapid application development suite.
C++ has the potential to be the most productive language in computing history. Its multiparadigm nature allows the effective development of almost any kind of software, from low level driver code to very high level business logic abstractions.
Unfortunately this potential has been left untapped, due to the lack of truly effective libraries, causing C++ evolution to be stuck somewhere between STL-iterator adaptors and smart-pointers. Ultimate++ finally uncovers this potential....
Ultimate++ includes a set of libraries (GUI, SQL, etc..), and an integrated development environment.
Rapid development is achieved by the smart and aggressive use of C++ rather than through fancy code generators. In this respect, U++ competes with popular scripting languages while preserving C/C++ runtime characteristics.
The U++ integrated development environment, TheIDE, introduces modular concepts to C++ programming. It features BLITZ-build technology to speedup C++ rebuilds up to 4 times, Visual designers for U++ libraries, Topic++ system for documenting code and creating rich text resources for applications (like help and code documentation) and Assist++ - a powerful C++ code analyzer that provides features like code completion, navigation and transformation.
TheIDE can work with GCC, MinGW and Visual C++ 7.1 or 8.0 compilers (including free Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 and Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition) and contains a full featured debugger. TheIDE can also be used to develop non-U++ applications.
U++ distributions combine U++ with 3rd party tools like MinGW compiler or SDL library to provide an instant development platform.
What you can get with the Ultimate++ download in plain English
- Very effective C++ library for cross-platform development in source form.
- A good integrated development environment, designed for developing large C++ applications.
You can use both, or you can use whatever you need.
What's New in This Release:
· A new, very fast String/WString implementation.
· A new, high performance (mostly) lock-free heap allocator.
· Improved multithreading support.
· A CoWork multicore loop parallelization class.
· Unified drag and drop support.
· PostgreSQL support.
· Win64 support (except the debugger).
· A QuickTabs class. HeaderCtrl can now move (reorganize) tabs.
· ArrayCtrl automated column sorting.
· Chameleon look and feel improvements under GTK and Vista.
· The Topic++ documentation editor is now integrated into the main window.
· Help is integrated into the main window.