A build system with a similar style and syntax to GNU make.
OMake is a build system with a similar style and syntax to GNU make but with many additional features, including support for large projects spanning multiple directories, default configuration files simplifying the standard compilation tasks, support for commands that produce several targets at once, fast, reliable, automated, scriptable dependency analysis using MD5 digests, portability, and built-in functions that provide the most common features of programs like grep, sed, and awk. OMake also provides active filesystem monitoring that restarts builds automatically when source files are modified. A companion command interpreter that can be used interactively is included.
- Automated dependency analysis using MD5 digests.
- Fully scriptable, includes a library for standard build tasks.
- Projects spanning a multiple directories and directory hierarchies.
- Architecture-independent builds; omake provides a uniform interface on Linux/Unix (including 64-bit architectures), Win32, OSX, and other platforms that are supported by OCaml.
- A builtin command-interpreter osh.