My Own Building System (a.k.a. mobs) is a GPL'd build system, lightweight and easy to use, with a limited application framework. My Own Building System project gets information from the end-user wanting to build your project and modifies the building process according to such information.
It provides the developer with some development helpers, including some makefile framework and an interface for the end-user (the 0 script). This building system supports the (more or less) automatic building of C, C++, Bison/Yacc, Flex/Lex, and Texinfo source files, and the creation of static and shared libraries and binaries.
It is not a GNU autoconf/automake clone, and although the command line of the 0 script certainly mimics the one of GNU 'configure' it is only for the sake of end-users. Internally, and from the point of view of the developer, is very different.
· A POSIX/SUSv3 shell. GNU Bash and Zsh will do perfectly.
· GNU make. Probably other make clones will work, but are untested.
· GNU compiler collection, that is, the illustrious GCC.
· GNU binutils (probably your system's linker will do...).
· The basic POSIX/SUSv3 utilities.
What's New in This Release:
· The project is now licensed according to the GPLv2 only, and not necessarily to "any later version" of the GPL.