jPDFViewer is a Java-based PDF viewer bean.
jPDFViewer is a Java bean that you can embed in your Java applications and applets to view PDF documents. With jPDFViewer, you can deliver content to your users right through your application without the need to install third party programs. jPDFViewer is platform independent, so it can be used in any environment that supports Java, including Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.
jPDFViewer has a simple interface to load PDF documents and provides navigation and printing capability. It can open PDF documents from files on a local or network drive, from a URL and from a Java input stream for documents that are generated runtime or come from a database.
Here are some key features of "jPDFViewer":
· Read and display PDF files on any platform that supports Java.
· Print PDF files.
· Easy navigation with thumbnail, bookmark and annotation view.
· View and Fill interactive pdf forms (acroforms, xfa forms).
· View annotations.
· Support for PDF 1.6 file format (Acrobat 7.0) including layers.
· Support for all image types, including JBIG2 and JPEG 2000.
· Customizable toolbar.
· TrueType, Type 0, Type 1, Type 1C and Type 3 fonts supported.
· Pattern and Separation color spaces.
· Available in English, French, German, Spanish.
· Written entirely in Java - allows your application to remain platform independent.
· No need to install or configure additional drivers or software when deploying.
· The evaluation library displays a watermark in the pdf documents and is limited to a maximum of 10 pages per document.