A CD-ROM image based on KNOPPIX technology and the PDF composer/printer/mailer YAFPC
Any PC booted from this CD can act as a PDF print server and provide an unlimited number of network shared virtual PDF printers. The system requirements are low. System configuration can be done via a Web browser from any workstation in your network.
Virtual shared printers can be configured to apply letterheads, watermarks, and appendices to all printed documents. After printing, a document is sent to its owner by email, or can be accessed in a shared folder on the server. Deployment is very simple.
- No installation required: The YAFPC-Appliance CD-ROM contains a complete Operating System that can be booted on every PC. Automatic hardware recognition and automatic installation of all required software components are done without any user interaction.
- No client installation required: Each time a client accesses a network shared printer from the YAFPC-Appliance PDF Server the first time, the required printer driver is installed automatically to the clients workstation.
- No user account management required: Each time a user accesses a network shared printer from the YAFPC-Appliance PDF Server the first time, a user account is created "on the fly" and a network shared "home folder" is provided to this user. The user can access this folder to obtain her/his printed PDF documents. Also an email account is created "on the fly". The PDF document is additionally sent to this email account.
- Unlimited number of network shared PDF Printers: The YAFPC-Appliance administrator can create an unlimited number of network shared PDF Printers via the easy to use Browser Interface for Administration. Each PDF Printer can be configured to apply page numbers, special letterheads, watermarks and appendixes to each printed document and encrypt the document for protection against manipulations.
- Unlimited number of different letterheads, watermarks and appendixes: The YAFPC-Appliance administrator can upload multiple files to the YAFPC-Appliance PDF Server to be assigned to each PDF Printer for composing documents.
- Easy creation of email aliases: For printed documents to be sent to the printing user, the user's email address is automatically created "on the fly" from her/his username and the given domain name. In case the usernames don't match their email addresses in a network, the YAFPC-Appliance administrator can create an email alias for each user. Aliases are of the form "alice: firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Low system requirements: A PC with a Pentium 500 MHz, 256MB RAM and a 1GB Harddrive, a bootable CD-ROM drive and a network interface can act as a YAFPC-Appliance PDF Server in a network with hundreds of users to print and mail their documents. So any PC out of Your "heap of scrap" will do it.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Network shared virtual PDF printers can be setup to create PDF/A compliant documents now.