Polyspool combines the Common Unix Printing System, Ghostscript, Samba, and a live Linux CD to create an easy-to-use open source print spooler capable of supporting Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux clients.
It provides a simple Web interface and requires no knowledge of Linux commands to successfully deploy. Because Polyspool uses the standard PostScript driver bundled with the Windows operating systems and Ghostscript to render the print job, only one driver needs to be installed for any supported printer.
Here are some key features of "Polyspool":
· Spool Print Jobs from Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista clients.
· Automatically install the PostScript driver via Point and Print
· Basic GUI interface available from the shell prompt.
This release should be suitable for creating basic Windows print shares and submitting print jobs to printers. At present, the live CD does not have the facility to save information between boots, so any configuration will be gone after booting.
What's New in This Release:
· IE 7 now works with the Web UI.
· The Web UI now makes use of the the Dojo Toolkit for input widgets with validation.
· Samba, Ghostscript, Cups, and the PPDs have all been updated to the latest versions available.