Pdfsam is a free and open source software to split and merge PDF documents. It has two versions:
A simple tool designed to split and merge pdf files. With it's simple and intuitive interface you can:
- split your pdf documents (into chapters, single pages, etc.).
- merge many pdf documents or subsections of them.
- exctract sections of your document into a single pdf document.
- save and load your environment to automatize your recurrent jobs.
- manage pdfsam settings and set an environment to load at start up.
This is the enhanced version of pdfsam. In this version you'll find all the basic features plus:
- encrypt your pdf files (RC40 bits, RC128 bits, AES128 bits) and set permissions on them.
- add a pdf cover or footer (or both) to your pdf documents.
- mix alternate pages taken from two pdf documents in straight or reverse order into a single document.
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Console: added the -d option to the concat command to merge all the documents in an input directory -Console: fixed bug #2540496 (unpack -d parameter) -Optimized PdfLoader -Merge, Mix: confirmation dialog if the output file already exists and the overwrite flag is false -Launcher: pdfsam-starter.exe now can take -Xmx parameter as a value (can be set as a Windows shortcut parameter) -Console: added the -d option to the setviewer command to set options to all the documents in an input directory -Console: added the -d option to the encrypt command to encrypt to all the documents in an input directory -Split: fixed bug #2679389 (broken "save environment" function) -Console: set compression level to BEST_COMPRESSION when compression is on. -Console: called the pdfReader.removeUnusedObjects(); when the reader is opened. -Added the document properties frame -Console: -help argument passed if no argument specified (Feature Request #2697689) -Console: fixed bug #2715101 (Exception executing split by size) -Updated langpack