Lpy is a printing tool.
Now many printers have a lot of functions(Duplex,Nup,Staple,Booklets,etc) and become more smallsized and more inexpensive.
But on Linux(UNIX-like OS) these functions are hardly avaliable. The aim of lpy is to make your Multifunction-Printer(a optional Finisher) avaliable.
Here are some key features of "Lpy":
· independent of a spooler and a application software in user space.
· Any filter of a printing spooler isn't necessary. a frontend of GNU a2ps that converts a text-file to a PS-file.
· a printing filter which uses a GS(Ghostscript)
· written in Python and PyGTK
· uses SNMP(PrinterMIB) if possible for getting printer informations(Errors and Status)
· supports PJL commands if possible.
· Now some PJL commands are supported. available in UNIX-like OS(Linux,FreeBSD and Solaris,HP-UX,etc)
· version-2.2 and above PyGTK and GTK
· PyGTK: version-2.0 and above GNU a2ps
· LaTeX: texi2dvi,texi2dvi4a2ps,dvips
· nroff: grog,groff
What's New in This Release:
· bugfixes for PyGTK.