Laidout is desktop publishing software for Linux.
Here are some key features of "Laidout":
· A splittable window system, reminiscent of Blender and the Ion window manager.
· You can dock, float, and move and temporarily maximize the panes of any main split window you have up.
· The window configuration is also loaded and saved with whatever document you are working on. The panes of each splittable window can be:
· Page view window, for working on objects within pages
· Spread editor, for rearranging the page order
· Palette Window
· Command prompt window
· Help window (very basic at the moment)
· A (non-functioning) button window
What's New in This Release:
· Introduction of a Paper Tiler interface for making big posters out of small papers.
· Also there is now a PDF, Scribus, and Image export that work with varying degrees of success.
· Laidout can basically handle multi-page documents that are meant to be cut and folded.
· The pages can contain images, gradients (radial, linear, and patches), EPS objects, and groups.