JASmine is a page accounting system for CUPS.
Data is read from the MySQL database. It manages any printer handled by CUPS. It counts the number of pages in a print job, for various input formats. Syslog is supported.
The Web interface displays user and printer statistics, the most used printers and active users. Multiple CUPS servers are handled by a single database and HTTP server.
It is composed of two parts:
- A Cups backend, written in Perl, that does page accounting to a MySQL database. It is currently not designed for quota enforcement.
- A web interface, written in PHP, to monitor users and printers, and display reports. Data is read from the MySQL database.
Here are some key features of "JASmine":
· Manages any printer handled by Cups
· Counts the number of pages in a print job, for various input formats (PS, PCL*,...)
· Support for Syslog
· The web interface displays user and printer stats, top most used printers and active users...
· Support for multiple Cups servers handled by a single database + http server
What's New in This Release:
· Error reporting and syslog support have been improved.
· This release includes Pkpgcounter 2.10.
· It works with CUPS 1.2.x.
· It has improved debug modes, new CSS stylesheets, server stats, and search support.
· Some bugs have been fixed.