GtkLP is a Frontend for Cups. GtkLP is not an administrative Tool (the frontend is good enough!), but intended for Users.
They can easily choose all options that cups provide (including the printer independent options) without remebering or even knowing their names.
For Printeradmin is also a small queue available, which is heavily inspired by novells old LQV.
Here are some key features of "GtkLP":
· Gtk-Interface with theme-support
· IPP support
· Printer specific options
· All standard-cups options
· different preferences-files for each printer
· easy to build
· gettext-support for different languages
· X- and Console-Support
· Support for both, gtk1 and gtk2
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· new danish translation, thanks to JÃ¸rn Christensen.
· fixed "client not found" in gtklpq
· fixed compiler warnings