AcuLaser C900 CUPS backend provides a LINUX CUPS package (incl. PPD-file) for the EPSON AcuLaser C900.
It is built around the avasys pipsplus driver. The project supports i386 and 32-bit compatible x86_64 LINUX systems (deb/rpm/tgz/gentoo/slack)
The package is tested with:
· Red Hat
· Fedora Core
· Debian, Ubuntu
Here are some key features of "AcuLaser C900 CUPS backend":
· easy generation of proper RPM and DEB packages (also for x86_64)
· support for usb, parallel-port, and network printers queues
· repacking of pipsplus-1.1-b-rpms (get it from project page)
· easy printer service through a dedicated tool "alc900.connect"
· easy interface configuration by "alc900.update-uris"
· time and data optimized processing by splitting jobs into black and color
· splitting of big jobs, to make 16MB printers work with big jobs
· XML file installation
· networking support (IPP, SMB, LPD) for all features
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· correcting compiler warnings on newer gcc versions (Ubuntu Intrepid)
· fixing installation-check-routine
· treating dependencies more carefully in library package generation
· fixing dependency-checks for non-rpm-installations