XMIND, with a clean and kind interface, is a revolutionary Mind Mapping/Brainstorming software tool. XMIND Pro enables users to work effcient and carry out various ideas easily by revolutionising way they capture and manager information. Structure your mind now!
In XMIND, you can plan your meeting effortlessly by creating an agenda and finalizing details in one map with the hierarchical structure. All information in the map can be captured easily by filtering with marker and label. During meeting, you can use XMIND to make presentation. With full content covering the whole screen, audiences can focus on certain point and grasp entire ideas at the same time. Meanwhile, audio notes will let you record everyone's voices as separate attachments to their own points. Your meeting will be structured soon! XMIND lets you instantly capture the ideas without disrupt the brainstorming precess to define their precise wording or positioining. 'Enter' and 'Tab' keys provide an quick way to bring your ideas into maps as topics. By applying Filter or Drilldown, paricipators can focus on particular topics.
All information will be recorded in XMIND as mind map. But this is just beginning. XMIND can help you do the analysis now! Depending on Fishbone Chart and 2D chart, you can visually organize causal relationships in the complex ideas or events, increase awareness of cause and effect, and organize all material!
XMIND empowers teams to creatively and effortlessly share ideas and information in a scaleable visual map. Through prowerful yet simple visualization, groups constructively work together to reach important conclusions and faster alignment. You can push all information, such as file, document, image into XMIND as attachments. You can separate whole arrangement into smaller, more focused aspects as multi-maps. If required, you can merge maps into one map! And all maps can be exported to kinds of formats, including Word, PPT,PDF/RTF and image etc. Distribution will be simple!
Here are some key features of "XMIND Pro":
· All the information can be structured in XMIND! Topics are automatically positioned by structures which users can choose from the 6 widely used kinds, including mind map, logic chart, org chart, tree chart, 2D chart and fishbone chart. Even more, any single branch in the map can have different structures.
Mind Map - Structures:
· The Mind Map structure represents the map with the root in the center and the main branches radiating from it. This structure works especially well in brainstorming, when users want to collect ideas related to the central topic without worrying about analyzing or organizing them at that stage.
Org Chart - Structures:
· This shows the map as a hierarchical pyramid, with brother topics laying out horizontally below/above their parent. Use it to represent structured data that needs to be viewed in a hierarchical manner, i.e. from the highest to the lowest levels.
Tree Chart - Structures:
· This structure represents the map as a linear hierarchical list, with brother topics laying out vertically below their parent with some left/right indents. This structure allows easy navigation through the topics from top to bottom.
Logic Chart - Structures:
· This structure represents the map as a sequential list of topics placed either on the right or left of its parent. This structure is a good option when users need to present structured data in list form (e.g. a list of steps) and want to fully explore each point in the list before moving to the next point.
Fishbone Chart - Structures:
· This is an effective tool that can be used to solve quality problems by logically organizing them by branches. This is also called the Cause & Effect diagram and/or the Ishikawa diagram, or, otherwise known as a fishbone pattern. The direction of generating branches resembles a fish bone. The primary purposes of fishbone charts include helping users visually organize causal relationships in complex ideas or events. Secondly, to increase awareness of cause and effect is a priority. And thirdly, to develop the ability to organize material they have learned. Besides, business users are often faced with project management and activity progress control, which concern with time arrangement. Usually, a fishbone chart plays an important role in such occasions. The fishbone chart clearly illustrates a series of activities connected by time order, which impact the progress of the whole project, and every single branch can be detached into detailed recursively activities. Through fishbone charts, users can quickly capture a glimpse of the key activity and time arrangement and take proper measures to accelerate the project.
2D Chart - Structures:
· This is another effective tool to be used in 'cause and effect' analysis, which is focused on changing and tracking different measures and their possible effects. By exhibiting a set of complex factors and behaviors that impact the final measures in perpendicular rows and columns, a 2D chart helps to further analyze the 'strengths' and 'weaknesses' and gets a clear view in different thinking direction, which enables users to interpret the chart only after a few minutes of explanation. Thus, meaningful conclusions about operations can be drawn from a systematic approach.
· In common sense, a 2D chart is implemented either on paper or in spreadsheet software, or in some particular commercial softwares that is hard to handle. In XMIND, users can easily insert factors and behaviors into a 2D chart where every single cell is able to contain multiple topics with individual appearance and structure.
Concept Map Support:
· Concept maps graphically illustrate relationships between information. In a concept map, two or more concepts are linked by words that describe their relationship. XMIND provides abilities that allow users to put varieties of concepts into floating topics and rapidly build relationships with descriptions between them by several simple operations(e.g. keyboard shortcuts). And more attractively, users can cut one relationship into two by inserting a topic.
· Floating topics are not attached to any other topic and free to locate within the map. Users can create floating topics to keep some wild ideas or start new threads of thinking. Use drag-drop to attach any floating topic to another topic as its subtopic, or reversely separate any topic from its own branch to become a floating topic. By the way, a floating topic can also have subtopics.
· It is a well accepted manner to group several topics with familiar information or concepts together within a boundary. In this case, boundaries are used not only as an emphasis, but also as a weak category of the specified topics. Decorated with colors and/or line patterns, different boundaries would be distinctive and clear.
· When two topics has relationship between each other, we usually illustrate this as a line linking them on the map. And we call it a 'Relationship' in XMIND. Users can then write some text on the line as a description of that relationship, e.g., 'gives rise to', 'results in', 'is required by', etc.
· XMIND supplies hundreds of high-quality images along with the software. Users can find them in the Gallery view, where images can be added to a map by simple double click or drag-drop into topics.
Rich Text Notes:
· Rich text notes are used to record complementary details of topics. Users can place more information about the topic, insert images for illustration, or change the appearance of the text, e.g., font size, color, etc. It's also enabled to view and edit notes even in presentation mode.
· Theme is a collection of colors, shapes, line patterns and other coordinated attributes of a map. Users can choose from a variety of professional themes XMIND provide to apply to their maps in one easy step. For convenience, XMIND allows users to extract a theme from an existing map and save it for future use.
· Marker represents some attributes of a topic as an image icon, and is widely used in project management, planning, etc. Besides the markers XMIND provides, users can add their own images as markers. Once added to a map, a marker can be renamed to express some specific meaning on that map.
· Legend is a floatable box on a map which shows all the markers used on that map with their specific meanings behind them, just like legends on ordinary geographical maps. Users can place a legend anywhere within the map by drag-drop, or decide whether to show or hide the legend. Legend is very useful in presentation, planning, printing, etc.
· Labels are like small tags stick on topics, typically used for simple annotation and category. A topic may have multiple labels separated by commas. When typing a label, XMIND will suggest labels from the existing labels on this map. Users can choose one from the list and pressing 'Enter' to auto-complete with the selected one. By the way, there are still advanced usages of label relating to Filter and 2D Chart.
· Powerful Filter brings tremendous productivity improvement when users face a large, complex map. Basically, filtering enables users to make some contents of a map visible and others not. Users can determine which topics to show by elements representing topic attributes, e.g., markers and labels. XMIND provide a quick marker filter at the bottom of editor area, where users can choose one marker from the popup list to filter out topics on the map with the same marker. This ensures instant filtering and accelerated map review. In addition, there is a full list of markers and labels used on a map in Filter view, where users can choose multiple markers and/or labels as a combined filter.
· What makes XMIND's filtering more powerful is that the result of filtering is no longer to hide the invisible topics completely, but to gloom the whole map while the visible ones are much brighter. In this manner, users can highlight the key points without losing the entire view of map.
· Different from the traditional linear presentation manner which limits the imagination and creativity and makes the whole meeting less participatory, XMIND introduces users to a new style, which enables the speakers and audience not only to focus on a certain point, but also to grasp the entire ideas at the same time. In presentation mode, the whole map is projected to cover the full screen. Keyboard shortcuts help to navigate between topics and collapse/expand branches, and the entire map floats smoothly to keep the focused topic always in the center of screen. It's also permitted to add/delete/modify topics, zoom in/out, filter, or even record audio notes during the presentation. Users can choose whether to save those changes or not on finishing the presentation.
· Attachments are represented as topics in XMIND. External files can be attached to a topic as its subtopics or on the map as floating topics. These attachments can be renamed, moved, deleted just the same as other topics. Users can change these attachments' color, shape, line patterns, etc., and even add subtopics or more attachments to them. Attachments traval with XMAP files during distribution and sharing. Viewers are able to open an attachment directly or save it out as a local file. It's easy to drag-drop files from users' local folders into a map as attachments. By the way, when dragging an image file, users can drop it either on a topic as the topic's image or to create a topic with that image.
· Hyperlinks can be used to connect to websites, folders, or files such as Excel or PDF documents. Each topic can be a hyperlink when given a URL. A hyperlink are able to be modified or canceled, but not to accept more URLs. Users can open a hyperlink by simply ALT-clicking the topic. When drag-dropping a hyperlink from a web browser on a topic, the hyperlink's URL will be inserted into that topic or replace the topic's former URL if it's already a hyperlink. Similar with attachment, hyperlinks can also be drag-dropped into a map as subtopics of a topic or floating topics. Then users can change these hyperlinks' description, position, color, etc.
· Missing information in meeting? No, not with XMIND any more. Now users can record voice information in XMIND. Select a topic and click the record button in 'Audio Notes' view to start recording. Click that button again to stop. Then what has been recorded will be saved as an attachment. Users are able to play that audio notes directly and/or save it as an external '.mp3' file for independent distribution. With the Audio Notes feature, we believe that XMIND can help users communicate with your team members more efficiently, and make meetings more structured. This is audio notes, and this is the beginning!
· Take a snapshot of a specific region of a map to the clipboard by a drag-drop and a double click, and paste it in other applications. It's easy with Map Shot to share either the whole or a part of the map with someone not nearby in seconds.
· Printing a map in XMIND is similar to printing in most of other applications. Use the printer options to select the printers, print range, etc. Users are able to add a page header and/or page footer on it, or to decide whether to print with map background and/or border lines. It's a good way to print a map out on paper and stick it on the wall as a notice.
· To achieve a full scale of compatibility, XMIND is seamlessly integrated with a wide range of third-party applications. Users have a free choice to export maps into a variety of formats, e.g., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, PDF, RTF, etc. If they only want images, they can export maps into a single image or multiple images with a certain image format(JPEG/BMP/PNG/GIF).
Export to PDF/Word/Powerpoint:
· PDF/Word/Powerpoint are the three most popular photo-text office tools in the world. When exporting to a document, like PDF document, Word document or Powerpoint presentation, XMIND uses the central topic as the title, each main topic as a chapter heading, each subtopic as a section heading and each floating topic as an appendix. Rich text notes are used as the text of each chapter or section. As default, an overview picture representing the source map is placed below the title, which makes it easier for users to capture the structure of the whole article in one second. Users can also choose to separate the overview picture into small pieces for each chapter and/or section, or totally exclude overview pictures in the exported document.
·Import from FreeMind/MindManager:
· For users used to work with FreeMind or MindManager as their previous thinking tool, XMIND provides the ability to import their former work of these two types into XMIND without losing anything important. Then users may continue their work in XMIND. This allows users to open these types of maps obtained from others, which protects everyone's efforts and investment.
· Every XMAP file is a workbook that can contain multiple sheets, each containing a map. Users can create maps with different contents or styles for different usages within one workbook. This facilitates storage, distribution and sharing in common project management. Moreover, any single map can be saved out as an independent workbook as required.
· We often find that, in some occasion, several topics which actually represent the same idea or concept happen to be categorized under different parents or at different places. We call these topics are 'Associated', or they have 'Association' with each other. Users are able to create one or more associated topics anywhere within one workbook. Any change to one of the associated topics will be made to the others automatically and synchronously. With this feature, any complex structures or logic of people's mind will be expressed clearly. Users can also release one topic from the association as required.
Drilldown & Drillup:
· Drilldown enables users to focus in on a specific branch. The focused branch will be displayed as the central branch in the map. Users can then modify the details of this branch and go back to the former level by a simple click. If users don't want some information to be shown in higher levels, they can put them into floating topics which will not be seen after 'drilling up' to full map, yet still can be found by 'drilling down' to this branch later.
· It has been found a frequent asked requirement to merge information from different sources together like collecting and integrating results in a team. XMIND provides a Map Merge feature to help team members to integrate their maps into one single map, in order to improve the efficiency of communication and collaboration.
Search Topics From Web:
· XMIND provide several search engines which allow users to view more information related to their topics on the World Wide Web and grasp what they need into their maps. Users are able to choose their favorite search engines from the list in Preference dialog. Then these search engines will appear in topic context menu for users to use. The search results, related to the selected topics, will display in the 'Internal Web Browser', where users are able to drag-drop text, images, hyperlinks, and any other resources back into their maps.
Search Images From Web:
· Im ages can be added to a map by online search from web. XMIND has two pre-defined image search engines: Google (default), Yahoo! The search results will be displayed in a particular view, where users are able to drag-drop images into a map to add to a topic or as a new topic with that image.
· The spelling check automatically works as users type text in XMIND. Misspelling words are marked with a red underline. Right-click on the word to correct it, or choose a suggeted one from the popup menu. Users can also add the word to dictionary. More options about Spell Checker can be found in the Preference dialog.
· Similar with other applications, XMIND provides powerful keyboard shortcut support. Users are able to create excellent maps with only keyboard.
· Enter Create a brother topic
· Tab Create a subtopic
· F2 Edit topic
· F3 Edit label of a topic
· F4 Edit rich text notes of a topic
· Ctrl+1,2,3,4,5,6 Quicker add priority markers
· F5 Start presentation
· F6 Drill down
· F7 Map shot
· There are more details of keyboard shortcuts in Preference dialog, where users are allowed to customize these keyboard shortcuts as they like.
· The window framework of XMIND is a composite of various views and editors. The position and visibility of each view is determined by 'Perspective', which helps users to focus better on their work with frequently used views under certain scenario. XMIND has three pre-defined perspectives, which users can change from one to another...
· Drawing (default)
· Users can place a view anywhere they like within the window, minimize it to a fast view bar, maximize it to fill the entire window area, or just close it. The views' layout is remembered every time XMIND is closed.
· Users can also save the current layout of window as a perspective with a specific name for future use.
· XMIND includes a variety of templates for business, educational and personal use. Once users have created their maps using one of these templates, they can easily tailor it to meet their specific needs. Ideas and suggestions for expansion are provided in various notes. To help getting started, XMIND also includes many ready-made project plans for common business activities, such as organizing a tradeshow, producing a publication, launching a product, etc. Users can use these ready-made plans for training purposes or as a basis for their own project plans. Users can also design some particular templates to meet their requirement in work and save them for future use.
Two Editions, One Installer:
· One great advantage of XMIND is you just need download one Installation Package. So you shouldn't have to look for which package is what you need. Then all your work with XMIND will be easy and simple. Once you buy the license of XMIND 2008 Standard Edition, the serial number you got will activate your XMIND into the standard edition. And the serial number of XMIND 2008 Professtional Edition (aka. XMIND 2008 Pro) will activate it to full features. Just so easy!
· curl and libcurl
· A 800MHz processor
· 128M RAM (recommend 512M)
· 200MB free disk space for download and installation
· 21 days evaluation period
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version also brings some new useful features, such as "Security" to let users set the password for XMind files, instead of worrying about losing data.
· For the corporate environment, XMind v3.0.2 includes some new templates, such as Meeting Template to let your meeting efficient, Personal Management Template to let you manage your life and work clearly, Project Management Template to let you work easily.