Unimaginatively-named Calendar 3.7.0
Unimaginatively-named Calendar produces useful, printable calendars on a Web site.
The first version of this software was written in ASP (VBScript) and ran on IIS 4.0 or higher with a database on SQL Server 7.0 or higher. It has since been completely rewritten in Java to run on Tomcat 5.5 or higher with a database on MySQL 3.3 or higher. The feature set is largely the same, though the two versions have no code in common.
Here are some key features of "Unimaginatively named Calendar":
· The entire calendar is rendered in HTML -- no Flash or Java is used.
· Single-day, multi-day and occassional events are all supported. "Occasional" events are those events that occur multiple times but don't necessarily follow a regular pattern.
· Repeating events are supported and can repeat on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis.
· Events may be categorized for easy administration.
· Nearly everything about the display is themable -- colors, fonts, border styles, first day of the week, weekday column widths, categories, etc.
· A calendar may be setup as a "private" calendar, so the user must be logged in to see it.
· Apple iCal and Mozilla Sunbird users can subscribe to the calendar with one click.
· NEW! The admin tool is password protected!
· Tomcat 5.5 or higher
· MySQL 3.3 or higher.
What's New in This Release:
· This version adds the ability to import events from remote iCalendar sources using a subscription system.
· Subscriptions are automatically updated periodically (set when the the subscription is created).
· Subscriptions can fetch from HTTPS URLs and provide a username/password if the remote source requires basic authentication.
· Semi-private calendars are now possible (an anonymous visitor sees only the scheduled times, not the event details).
· The admin can now tune how much information is logged.
· Numerous bugfixes and minor tweaks are also included.