My Calendar 2.71
My Calendar is a lightweight, easy-to-use Web calendar that is easily customizable using CSS.
There is also an included email script that you can have cron run every day to remind you of upcoming appointments.
My Calendar can also generate great looking printable calendars in Postscript and Adobe PDF format. Microsoft Outlook schedules can be easily imported.
Here are some key features of "My Calendar":
· lightweight and easy to setup
· email scrip to remind you of upcomming events
· email script can be run by cron and/or used to send emails to a mailing list for clugs and organizations
· easily generated pretty printable versiosn in postscript and PDF
· import events from Microsoft Outlook.
· easily customizeable with CSS and templating.
· web server (tested on apache Linux/Unix but reported to work on Windows NT/2000)
· Perl 5.00503 or later (may work with others)
· cal is required but already installed on just about every server.
· pscal is required for making printable calendars in postscript format.
1. Install scripts
ftp mycalendar-xxx.tar.gz to your cgi-bin/ directory on your server
$ tar -zxvpf mycalendar-xxx.tar.gz
this will create a calendar/ directory in that directory
2. edit template.html to match your site
To customize the look, simply edit template.html. This file can be created with any html editor or text editor as long as it retains the hidden HTML comment, . This comment is where the content (calendar) will be placed.
3. password protect protected/ directory
Use htaccess or some other method to password protect the protected/ dirctory. Doing this will require your users to supply a password if they ever attempt to edit any events.
4. Move calendar.css to an html servable location, and specify it in sitevariables.pl.
What's New in This Release:
· A critical security issue in which a visitor can gain a shell and execute arbitrary commands was fixed.
· Users should upgrade immediately.