Meeting Room Booking System (MRBS) is a free, GPL, web application using PHP and MySQL/pgsql for booking meeting rooms. This project is similar in concept to Netscape Calendar, but much cheaper!
MRBS is very reliable at this point. All the features that are needed in day-to-day operation are included. It's very intuitive for users, so very little or no instruction is needed. It is in production use at many large organisations around the world for uses as diverse as it's originally intended meeting rooms to restaurant tables and aeroplanes at a flying school!
Different languages are supported, there are translations for many languages available (currently Czech, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish). If your language is not supported it is very easy to customize as all strings are stored in language-specific files.
Here are some key features of "Meeting Room Booking System":
· Web/Intranet based - Available from any workstation through a Browser
· Simple to follow, Web based options and intuitive presentation
· Flexible Repeating Bookings
· Authentication with your existing user database (eg Netware, NT Domain, NIS etc.)
· Ensures that conflicting entries cannot be entered
· Reporting option
· Selectable DAY / WEEK / MONTH views
· Multiple auth levels (read-only, user, admin)
· Multiple languages supported (translated to Czech, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish)
· Stable and in use at many organizations
· mySQL and Postgres support
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version can skip conflicting bookings when making repeat bookings.
· It adds AJAX on the booking entry form for checking for scheduling and policy conflicts.
· The LDAP authentication scheme now allows all config parameters to be set separately for each configured LDAP system.
· A tabbed dialog has been added that can be displayed to give more details of schedule and policy checks on the booking form.
· Various pages are now sortable, searchable tables.
· Admins can also do bulk deletes from a report.
· This release adds support for booking to be created and modified by dragging in the day and week views.