ESS means Employee Scheduling System. This PHP and MySQL based web application allows for ad-hoc managing of employees and spaces on a per-event basis, rather than hourly.
Here are some key features of "ESS":
· Allows for ad-hoc scheduling of employees
· Event descriptions are editable using a WYSIWYG interface
· Employees can have multiple supervisors, and can work in multiple areas
· Extensive scheduling support for multiple areas and multiple positions per area
· Allows for a weekly basic schedule, and blackout dates for time off requests
· Allows for supervisors to override availabilities
· Acts as a single contact point for employees and supervisors for not only scheduling, but also contact data.
· Allow mass emailing to employees with updated schedules, etc
· ICS/iCal output for live, in calendar viewing of events
· PHP5 w/PEAR::DB
· Apache 1.3.x (2.x should work, not tested)
· MySQL 4.1.x
1. Untar in a directory readable by Apache
2. Create a new database in MySQL
3. Run the ess.sql script against that new DB
4. Update common.php with your username, password, and db name for that DB
5. Update common.php with the path to your installation (Apache, not system)
6. Edit dbsetup.php with your initial user. This will be the site admin.
7. Launch a browser and navigate to your $SITEROOT/dbsetup.php page. If it works, your site is good to go!