Calcium project is a Web Calendar application. It will run on nearly any machine with a web server that can run Perl CGI scripts; a web browser is all you need to view, edit, and manage any number of calendars from any network connected computer.
All administration is done with your browser - after installation, there's no need to log in to the web server. Calcium calendars can be used for:
· displaying calendars to the public on your web site
· scheduling meetings, vacations, or any kind of events
· keeping track of employee availability
· room or equipment reservations
· anything else you can think of!
Calendars are interactive, and can be for personal use, for sharing among users in your office over your intranet, and for use by Internet users around the world.
Here are some key features of "Calcium":
· Dynamic Calendar Merging
· Calendar Views and Formats
· Palm Pilot and Microsoft Outlook Synchronization
· Email Features
· Searching and Filtering
· Security and Users
· Tentative Events
· iCalendar Support
· Event Categories
· Defined Time Periods
· Event Editing Restrictions and Validation
· Flexible and Powerful Calendar Entries
· Repeating Events
· Dynamic Add-In Files
· Headers and Footers
· Easy Calendar Navigation
· Multi-Language Support
· Calendar Groups
· Event Import/Export
What's New in This Release:
· Major new features include support for Custom Fields, Templates, RSS Feeds, and iCalendar publish/subscribe.
· There are many other new things and improvements.