Osmose is a tool to prepare multimedia presentations. It is a free software distributed under the GPL license.
Osmose project was written in Java and has been tested under Mac OS X (Panther and Tiger), Linux, and Windows XP with Java 1.4.2.
Osmose allows you to print the presentations and to visualize them on the screen and on the Web in HTML (under Mac OS X, it is also easy to create PDF files from your presentations).
Osmose is based on a research work that proposes a new way to create digital documents. We invite everyone to leave the WYSIWYG mode to a more complete way of working, that articulates: working on the content, adding multimedia files, and working on the style using a graphic theme.
· Java 1.4.2 or later
What's New in This Release:
· Eraser size can be set.
· Support for Ogg Vorbis.
· Shift + mouse click unselects the element.
· Some examples have been added: presentations and themes.
· Files from 0.1 can be read by 0.2. ui.jar has been updated.
· Updated libraries MP3 SPI and JLayer.
· B is displayed on the Bold button for Mac OS X.
· Good fonts are selected in HTML export for Mac OS X.
· Opening presentations containing an empty property has been fixed.
· Drawing tools size is synchronized with user choice.
· The URL works in the tutorials.
· The Mac OS X launcher name has been corrected in the ReadMe files.