Snownews is a text mode RSS/RDF newsreader. This is a full feature RSS/RDF reader for text mode which implements all versions of RSS and other formats via plugins
Here are some key features of "Snownews":
· runs on Linux, *BSD, OS X (Darwin), Solaris and probably many more Unices.
· fast and very resource friendly.
· builtin HTTP client will follow server redirects and update feed URLs that point to permanent redirects (301) automatically.
· snownews understands "Not-Modified" (304) server replies and handles gzip compression.
· local cache for minimal network traffic.
· HTTP proxy support.
· HTTP authentication support (basic and digest methods).
· optional, basic cookie support
· a help menu available throughout the program
· automatic update checking (can be deactivated)
· few dependencies on external libraries; ncurses and libxml2
· import feature for OPML subscription lists
· fully customizable key bindings of all program functions
· type Ahead Find for quick and easy navigation
· color support
· extensible via plugins
· feed categories and many other useful features
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A crash bug with marking items as read and a problem on 64-bit platforms have been fixed.