A text mode RSS/RDF newsreader.
- runs on Linux, *BSD, OS X (Darwin), Solaris and probably many more Unices.
- fast and very resource friendly.
- builtin HTTP client will follow server redirects and update feed URLs that point to permanent redirects (301) automatically.
- snownews understands "Not-Modified" (304) server replies and handles gzip compression.
- local cache for minimal network traffic.
- HTTP proxy support.
- HTTP authentication support (basic and digest methods).
- optional, basic cookie support
- a help menu available throughout the program
- automatic update checking (can be deactivated)
- few dependencies on external libraries; ncurses and libxml2
- import feature for OPML subscription lists
- fully customizable key bindings of all program functions
- type Ahead Find for quick and easy navigation
- color support
- extensible via plugins
- feed categories and many other useful features
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- A crash bug with marking items as read and a problem on 64-bit platforms have been fixed.