sadlittlewebjournal is a Weblog written in Perl that utilizes PostgreSQL or MySQL and a straightforward ASCII interface.
Site maintenance is done via an intuitive backend that allows one to add, delete, and modify previous entries.
Other features include an integrated guestbook, a Web stat chart complete with ASCII bar graphs, and various other modularized features.
· perl 5.6+ (although perl 5.0x should be fine if you comment out use warnings and change our declarations)
· mysql 6.4.1+ || PostgreSQL 7.1+
· Date::Calc, DBD/DBI, HTML::Entities, HTTP::Date and Time::HiRes Perl modules
· CGI perl module if you wish to be able to upload images
1.) Change a few values in functions.pm (yes, variables _could_ be put in a better place)
2.) Set up a mysql or PostgreSQL database with the included slwj-*.sql file
3.) Put a clever ascii image in headers/logo.txt
4.) Modify the .htaccess file in the admin directory to your liking
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release allows you to post images with your news posts. These can be uploaded (and will be scaled to fit), or can be links to existing images on the Web.
- The HTML of the image pages now validates correctly, too.