pyrfeed project is a RSS/Atom Reader and Framework. It use GoogleReader as a storage database.
Here are some key features of "pyrfeed":
· python classes to reuse in bigger projects,
· command line RSS client
· modern GUI RSS client
· RSS client that use GoogleReader as database
· RSS client that use it's own database
· a huge way to configure what you really need
· GTK+ version 2.0.x
· python 2.5
· wxPython 2.8
· Download the .tar.gz file
· Uncompress it in the folder/directory you like
· start a command line interpreter (cmd under windows, bash/tcsh/whateversh under unices, idontevenknow under macos)
· Go to that folder/directory with command line (use "cd")
Note : For now, every pyrfeed command must be launched from the directory where pyrfeed.py is.
· Tell pyrfeed your google login/passwd (of course, replace yourlogin and yourpasswd with your login and your password):
pyrfeed.py --login=yourlogin --passwd=yourpasswd --save
· You're behing a web proxy ? Just tell pyrfeed...
pyrfeed.py --proxy_host=yourproxyhost --proxyport=yourproxyport --save
Now pyrfeed is ready to launch ! That's that simple.
To launch pyrfeed, just go to the folder/directory where pyrfeed.py is, and start it.
Note : pyrfeed is by default configure to start in GoogleCache mode, and with wxauiInterface. You can change userinterface and logical layer with command line option, or within pyrfeed.