newslite is a UNIX/LINUX command line tool to download from newsgroup.
Here are some key features of "newslite":
· threads XOVER command for faster group message header retrieval
· threads file download for faster download
· builds full list of groups hosted by the server
· resumes download session in case of connection loss program interruption
· makes use of configuration file to simplify user command interface
· builds "title" and "file" lists from article headers for quicker group content analysis
· decodes yEnc and UU multi and mono-part encoded files
· supports news server authentication
· supports NZB file processing (check the newzbin site for further information)
· allows connection to news server through any TCP port (i.e. not only using NNTP 119)
What's New in This Release:
· This release allows user-defined limits for the number of files and titles through the "news.conf" configuration file.
· Redundant errors in the log.txt file have been cleaned up.
· Minor bugs have been fixed.