Syndigator is an Gtk2 RSS reader/aggregator. Syndigator is an RSS feed reader based on Gtk2 and is targeted primarily at those people using Linux (since this is the platform that the developers are using).
There are a number of alternatives for RSS readers for many platforms but for Linux there are none that really satisfied Syndigator's developers. This coupled with the desire on the part of the main developer to learn some Gtk2 lead to the development of yet another RSS reader project.
Here are some key features of "Syndigator":
· RSS 0.91, 1.0 and 2.0 support
· Read your news with one key
· The 'n' key jumps to the next unread message. 'Space' scrolls the message to the end and then jumps to the next.
· Aggregation of feeds in categories
· If you click a category all the unread messages in all feeds of that category will be shown to you.
· Notification of new messages
· Syndigator has a plugin system for notifiers. You'll be notified of new messages by the plugin of your choice.
· Long term message storage
· Mark your messages to keep, and they will be kept, even if the feed doesn't export them anymore.
· Color demarcation of updated messages
· When a message is updated Syndigator will show you (in colored html) the differences between the updated messages and it's last version.
· Per feed fetch interval (or a default one)
What's New in This Release:
· Atom syndication format support
· Re-write of the data/configuration storage
· Updated messages are now (optionaly) displayed with colored diffs agains their last version
· New option: display the "Category" column.
· External (plugable) launchers support