RedNotebook is an open source and appreciated diary software for the Linux desktop, makeing it very easy for users to keep track of the stuff they do and the thoughts they have.
RedNotebook helps you to write whole passages or just facts and does so in style.
Here are some key features of "RedNotebook":
· Live search
· Automatic saving
· Backup to zip archive
· Calendar Navigation
· Word Cloud
· Template Entries
· Export to various formats
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Allow filtering exported days by tags (Alistair Marshall).
· Add option to export only the currently selected text (Alistair Marshall).
· Move spellcheck option from preferences to edit menu and add F7 shortcut (Alistair Marshall).
· Enable spellchecking on Windows. See help for adding custom dictionaries.
· Better error message for invalid markup.
· Show warning if no directory is selected before clicking the "Open" button when choosing a journal directory.
· Gracefully handle BadStatusLines when checking for new versions.
· Do not try to set file permissions on Windows where they are unavailable.
· Fix hide-from-cloud for words containing backslashes (LP:1131412).
· Fix relative file links on Windows.
· Code: Switch from optparse to argparse (Alistair Marshall).