QuiteRSS an open source software, written in C++ and Qt4 that allows users to read RSS and Atom feeds.
It features automatic update of feeds, a WebKit-based embedded browser, proxy support, visible and audio notifications, as well as the ability to import and export feeds.
QuiteRSS is described by its author as fast and comfortable for the end-user. Being written in Qt, the application can run on Linux, OS/2 and Windows operating systems.
It is translated into the following languages: English, Dutch, Farsi, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish and Swedish.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added: Disk cache and pages cache for embedded browser
· Added: Ability sorted feeds by name ("Feeds->Sort by Name")
· Added: Option: "Simplified representation of date and time"
· Added: Options: "Don't delete starred news", "Don't delete labeled news"
· Added: Option: "Automatically collapse folders"
· Added: Option: "Run QuiteRSS at Windows startup" (Windows)
· Added: Tab context menu items: "Close tab" and "Close Other tabs"
· Added: Ability to move main toolbar (toolbar context menu->Lock toolbar)
· Added: "Link" and "Title Feed" columns in news list
· Added: Click to Flash
· Added: CSS for news (folder "style")
· Added: User style for browser
· Added: Alt+left click - opens news/link in external browser
· Added: Simplified news find field
· Added: More buttons available for toolbar
· Added: More shortcuts
· Added: Language: Greek
· Added: Language: Chinese (Taiwan)
· Added: Language: Portuguese (Brazil)
· Changed: GUI. Visual tweaks
· Changed: Increase performance updating feeds
· Changed: Ability assign shortcuts for "Share"
· Changed: Delete folders containing feeds
· Changed: Ability to edit application styles(folder "style")
· Fixed: Mark all news read in categories
· Fixed: Focus while opening link in external browser
· Fixed: Minimize to tray on tray-click (Linux)
· Fixed: Recounting feeds count after group operations
· Fixed: Moving tab content while moving tabs
· Fixed: Deleting default buttons from toolbar
· Fixed: Application startup in Archlinux (KDE)
· Fixed: Show on top in full screen mode
· Fixed: Loop while adding/updating feed
· Fixed: Updating some feeds
· Fixed: News duplicates
· Fixed: Find next/previous feed