Pronto! is a modularized mail client based on Gtk libraries and written in Perl.
Here are some key features of "Pronto!":
· Full MBOX support, Pronto! can import your existing mbox folders and export to mbox.
· QMaildir support
· HTML Mail (read only)
· GtkHTML widget support, still supporting XmHTML by default.
· Built-in helpbrowser, as well as mini-browser if using GtkHTML.
· A smart addressbook that auto completes addresses for you if you type them partially in the To: field.
· Very configurable, tons of options and preferences to choose from.
· Message colorization based on quote symbols and their levels.
· Accepts command line args for integration with Netscape through Muttzilla.
· Spelling and Autospelling support. Compatible with Ispell and Aspell.
· Can make use of threads if your version of Perl is compiled with thread support.
· Multipart (MIME) support including inbound and outbound attachements.
· Hyperlinks that WORK! All mail is turned into a pseudo-html message, with active hyperlinks. http:// ftp:// and mailto: are supported. http and ftp load Netscape, mailto opens a new msg window in Pronto! POP3 compatibility.
· Uses the Perl DBI interface now, for database flexibility. You can now use any Perl DBI compliant database with Pronto!. Not just Postgres.
· Non-blocking mail transfers. Continue using Pronto! while your mail transfers in the background.
· Multiple POP3 Account support.
· Filters, including a new message scoring system, useful for maillists.
· Header viewpane
· Sig support. Each account can have a different sig.
· New messages counter
· New messages are configured to your preferences
· Auto-set reply address based on account used to DL message.
· Schedulable message transfers.
· Outbox for storing unsent outbound messages.
· Context Sensitive menus (Right Click)
· Sent Items Folder, Drafts folder.
· Message list sortable by From: Subj: and Date: fields (Just click the column header to sort by that column, click again to reverse the direction)
· Multiple message selection.
· Multiple folders