Newsleech is a non-interactive rfc977 compliant news retriever. The commandline user interface is simple yet powerful. Newsleech is a powerfull and simple commandline newsreader. It is entirely written in C and it should be reasonably portable. Newsleech can understand scripts in addition to commandline options.
Here are some key features of "Newsleech":
· can retrieve news messages by means of a simple and powerful command line interface
· it can, in one run, visit several servers with several newsgroups with several sets ofarticles
· can concatenate this sets of articles and send the result to stdout, a file or a pipe
· can recieve it's commands also from a script
· the program will never interpret any of the messages it receives