Newsbeuter is an RSS feed reader designed to be used on text terminals on Unix and Unix-like systems.
The project was developed with texttools users in mind, and thus its interface is similar to tools like mutt and slrn.
Compiling and installing newsbeuter is as simple as:
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for query feeds in combination with Google Reader support.
· Added ability to configure proxy authentication method.
· Added commandline option -q to enable quiet startup (patch by Isaac Good)
· Re-sort feed list after all feeds have been reloaded.
· Added keys to jump to the next/previous feed or article regardless of its "unread" status (patches by Jim Pryor)
· Implemented on-demand loading of feeds to reduce memory usage.
· Removed Bloglines support as the service shuts down on October 1, 2010.
· Implemented XDG Base Directory support (patch by Elrond)
· Google Reader: when in offline mode, record unread status changes and later replay when in online mode.
· Fixed Google Reader authentication issue with certain passwords (fixes issue #238).
· Added configuration option "cookie-cache" (fixes issue #234).