NEWSlite News Management System 3.0.1
NEWSlite is an open source, lightweight news management system for small and medium sized websites.
NEWSlite is NOT a full-blown content management system. It is intended to serve sites that want to publish and syndicate regular news but that do NOT want the overhead of having a full content management system as well.
Here are some key features of "NEWSlite News Management System":
· Open Source.
· Uses PHP and MySQL.
· Multiple users. An unlimited number of users to help you post news. Easily add, edit, and remove users.
· User permissions. Allow users the permission to add news posts, delete and edit other user's news posts, and allow access to administrative functions.
· Template-based output. You can directly manipulate the look and feel of the output. No file editing required.
· Configurable theme. You can also adjust the layout and look of the program itself if you want to customize it to your site. No file editing required.
· Multiple subjects. File your news posts under as many different categories as you wish.
· RSS output. An RSS .xml file for each of your subjects is produced, as well as another feed that includes news from your entire site.
· BBcode input. Use BBcode to format your posts, just like on a forum.
· Live and static news output. Include news on your website through either a PHP script or a faster Server Side Include of a static file.
· Easy install. Everything is done for you except creating the database and user (for security).
· Professional look. Easy to use interface even brain-dead idiots could be comfortable with!
What's New in This Release:
· This release fixes some non-critical bugs with the BBcode parser and adjusts the HTML display.