Getbinnews is a newsreader developed in C using the GTK user interface.
The aim of Getbinnews is to extract in some newsgroups a binary file (mp3, jpg, gif,mpg, asf, avi, divx...) splited in articles with mime, uuencode or yenc format.
Here are some key features of "Getbinnews":
· definition of name and port of news server
· definition of user and password to connect the news server
· times reconnection in some cases (timeout, connection error or connection reject)
· number of connections
· bandwidth throttle
· connection and deconnection to internet
· filter by fields
· filter by size
· filter by size of articles
· filter if incomplete
· filter if part 1 is missing
· filter if more than n articles
· search newsgroups on server
· search/filter newsgroups by regex expression
· search by wildmat
Search for article
· selection of all articles of a file (right click)
· search for subject
· filter for subject
· number of articles to download.
· number of selected articles (right click)
· yenc support
· uuencode support
· base64 support
· mime support
· definition of files directory
· definition of articles directory
· cleanup articles
· cleanup files
· behavior if files exist.
· behavior if not enough space
· don't delete articles.
· download list of newsgroups
· Definition of newsgroups list to search articles.
· personnalisation of search for a particular newsgroups
· Schedule periodic search (daily, weekly, or monthly)
· Schedule non periodic search
· hang up internet connection at end of the search.
· Creation of an history file to stop download articles already download
hide button to stop search.