Binbot is an easy-to-use binary newsreader that lets you download files from Usenet. Its intuitive user interface makes it a snap to find and download the files you're looking for.
Even if you are new to Usenet, you will be downloading files in no time. Download your free 30-day trial now!
Here are some key features of "Binbot Binary Newsreader":
· Very easy to use. Start downloading files within minutes of installation.
· Automatically assembles multi-part articles.
· Full support for multiple newsgroups and servers: Binbot can assemble articles across multiple newsgroups and servers
· Recognizes a wide variety of file types, so you can find at a glance the files you're looking for.
· Advanced sorting capabilities (by subject, size, author, file type, date, etc.)
· Quick search function with familiar Google-like syntax, and options to ignore case, accents and other diacritical marks.
· Supports secure connections (SSL) to the news server.
· Designed to handle busy newsgroups (millions of articles).
· Contains no spyware or advertising
· Available for both Windows and Linux.
· Handles all common file encodings (MIME/base64, UU, yEnc).
· Supports multiple simultaneous file downloads.
· Allows file downloads to be suspended and resumed at the click of a mouse.
· Supports previews of large files.
· Connection limiting function (limits the number of connections to the news server).
· Bandwidth limiting function (limits the bandwidth used for downloading).
· Supports drag and drop of downloaded files
· Maximal performance on high speed connections.
· Automatically blocks potentially malicious files.
· Extensive support for non-English text in newsgroups, articles and file names. Can properly display text in most · European and Asian languages including Russian, Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
· The user interface itself can be easily translated into almost any language.
· 30-day evaluation
· Java >= 1.5 (tested with Java 1.6)
What's New in This Release:
· This is the first non-beta release of Binbot 2.0.
· It features enhanced memory management, support for incomplete NZB files, and a better file and directory selection dialog (in the Mac version only).
· It also fixes a number of minor bugs.