AgileRss is a desktop aggregator that is able to display any RSS, ATOM, and XML news feed.
It also allows you to keep up-to-date with all your favourite sources of information that support the RSS protocol. Internet syndication and aggregation software, that runs on any java enabled operating sistem.
AgileRss software application dedicated to the task of managing the subscriptions, monitoring and syndicated content of a user.
Reduce the time and effort needed to regularly check websites of interest for updates, creating a unique information space or "personal newspaper." It's able to subscribe to a feed, check for new content at user-determined intervals, and retrieve the content.
It provides a consolidated view of the content in a single browser display or desktop application. Such applications are also referred to as RSS readers, feed readers, feed aggregators or news readers.
Here are some key features of "AgileRss":
· Get the latest headlines from around the web, delivered automatically to your desktop
· Subscribe to any RSS or Atom format in use
· Handles all RSS versions, ATOM 0.3 and 1.0
· Browser bookmarklet for rss feed autodiscovery.
· Group subscribed feeds into custom categories.
· Imports and exports Outline Processor Markup Language (OPML) channel directories
· Filter items.
· Feeds are updated in the background to keep the GUI responsive.
· Multilanguage suport
· Customized toolbars
· Proxy support is included for users who may be forced to connect to the Internet through a proxy server at work.
· Popup menu action for renaming selected feed or folder
· Drag And Drop for moving feeds or folders
· New predefined filters for articles: Today and Unread Today
· Autodiscovery option when adding a new feed
· Java 1.4.2 or later
What's New in This Release:
· There is a ticker option to display all ticker content as a list, a print option for article content and newspapers, and wheel mouse action in the ticker.
· There is a bugfix for closing the application on Windows, and a bugfix for showing pop-ups on the ticker.