Zimbra Collaboration Suite project is a client/server technology for enterprise messaging and collaboration.
Zimbra delivers innovation for both the administrator and the end-user as well as compatibility with existing infrastructure and applications (both open source and proprietary).
The Zimbra Collaboration Suite provides support for email, contacts, and group calendaring, and consists of a server and client.
Here are some key features of "Zimbra Collaboration Suite Open Source Edition":
· Online move, backup and recovery of individual or a group of mailboxes
· Compatibility with Active Directory and existing LDAP directories
· Native hierarchical storage management and clustering
· Web services integration with existing enterprise applications
· Integrated anti-spam and anti-virus
· Browser based client with search, shared calendar and mail that is integrated with contacts and calendar
· Support for Outlook: calendar, mail, contacts and offline mode
· Support for mobile devices: Blackberry, Treo and etc
· Support of Windows, Apple and Linux computer.