SynCE-KDE is a Windows CE / PC connection service application like ActiveSync. It consists of three sub-projects: a full-featured KIOSlave for browsing the Windows CE device (RAPIP), a panel applet for accessing and synchronizing the device (RAKI), and a daemon which listens for device connections (VDCCM). This package contains the development files to develop synchronization plugins.
Here are some key features of "SynCE":
· copies files and directories via drag and drop to and from the PDA.
· is capable of handling mime-types.
· supports more than one connected device simultaneously.
· also supports more than one connected PDA at once.
· knows how to handle PDA partnerships.
uses a plugin-architecture for synchronization. Two synchronizer-plugins are already implemented:
· Synchronizer for PDA-Contacts and standard KDE address book synchronization.
· AvantGo synchronizer.
· creates a NAT-Route for your PDAs to the outer internet.
· supports configuration of passwords, NAT routes, and synchronization settings per device.
· installs cab-files on the device - you just have to drag them over the system-tray or right-click on a cab file in Konqueror.
· lets you manage the software installed on the PDA.
· displays system information and power status about the PDA.
· starts programs on the PDA.
· answers password-requests of PDAs automatically.
· notifies about connections, password requests and disconnections of PDAs with sound.
· is responsible that RAPIP and RAKI can communicate with more than one PDA simultaneously.
· creates an individual "active_connection" file for every connected PDA.
· the names of individual "active_connection" files are either the PDA identifiers or the ip-addresses assigned to the PDAs.
· SynCE libraries >= 0.9