Simple Groupware 0.2 beta 1 has been released and is available for download at. Simple Groupware has lots of new features that are building the basis for new features, better performance and many more releases.
New features/changes (very short): Added folder quotas, rights system, cut/copy/paste, server-based auto-complete, data export to html, csv, xml, xls, unit-testing, slow query logging, faq-module, online/offline status for users, new external searches in sidebar, save/restore tree-position, calendar improvements, option for multiple-files per field, lots of performance improvements, bug fixes.
Here are some key features of "Simple Groupware":
In general Simple Groupware offers You:
· A 100% web based application (no special client applications or plugins required). Optional a windows-client is available to make downloads/uploads easier
· Complete secure communication using SSL
· Easy and intuitive user interface
· One platform for managing, controlling and developing business processes
· Autonomy: Simple Groupware is fully driven with open technologies
· Individuality: All hierarchical organisation structures and responsibilities can be represented and managed in the application
· Intelligent knowledge management: e.g. find everything faster using phonetic search algorithms
Flexible User Authentication:
· Keep Your old system(s) and manage only one user database
· Authenticate using built-in methods of Apache (e.g. Basic, NTLM, etc.)
· Use LDAP, FTP, IMAP or SMTP* to authenticate users
· Others (like ODBC*) can be added using the authentication api
· The more individual and extravagant You are the more You will like Simple
· Layout can be mostly customized using theme configuration file. (for details what is legal, see license)
· Existing Modules can be expanded and fully customized using sgsML
· (simple groupware solutions Markup Language = XML-based language for defining web applications at lowest expenses)
· New Modules can be easily created using sgsML
· New handlers for indexing, converting and previewing can be easily added using the file-handler api.
· All kinds of documents can be managed centralised and secure
· Special text indexing algorithms and external converting tools offer searching through office documents
· All most common files can be previewed in the web-browser*
· Special handlers offer common file conversions (e.g. compressing)*
· All files can be automatically checked for viruses (support for F-Prot, McAfee, Kaspersky, etc)*
Administrative workflows can kill a lot of time and money. To reduce these costs You can:
· Represent all kinds of administrative workflows*
· Manage resources like rooms, computers, beamers, etc. inside one application
· Administrate a complete IT-Support using the ticket-, resource- and inventory-system
Personal Knowledge Management:
All Your information is inside the head of Your employees. Keep it there using:
· Personal and Global bookmark management
· Individual composing of small notes
· Private, public and team calendars*
· Get a new system, convert or migrate all Your data ? No.
With Simple Groupware You can seemlessly integrate any existing infrastructure:
· Integrate all kinds of relational databases
· Access Your file-servers within Simple Groupware
· Integrate Your Outlook contacts
· Keep Your mail-system
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A fix was applied for an XSS vulnerability.
· Handling for offline folders was changed.
· Other changes were applied to iCalendar exports and synchronizing birthdays with Funambol.