Legal Case Management System is a software aimed for use by not-for-profit legal advice centres in order to make better follow-ups of their cases, including client consultations and court events.
Integration into your office's activities
The software can be installed either on one computer or shared over a network. You can then provide a personal access to each member of your organisation. This allows them to chose how they want to work on a case and how the case information should be shared with the other members.
Users can then create new cases (or campaigns) to which they can attach a list of people or organisations involved as well as to add follow-up information.
- Organisations providing advice or consultations will benefit from being able to quickly consult the database for background information on a client's case and evolution, contact information, etc.
- Lawyers can use the software to track the evolution of a case and the resources spent on a particular client, as well as to track the status of a case in court.
- Office managers can generate reports based on the activity for a given period. The variety of reports include: activity overview for each staff members, statistical information on cases or clients, and general overview on how the usage of the organisation's resources. Such reports facilitate the reporting on projects and the creation of new budgets.
LCM is a Bulgarian community initiative developed by IRBF, funded by the Open Society Institute and distributed as "free software". The software is being developed for local not-for-profit advice centers, but anyone has the freedom to use it, to redistribute it locally and to adapt it to their own needs.
The software is currently available in English and Bulgarian, but more translations are welcomed and very easy to do with the help of an online translation interface.
What's New in 0.7.2b Stable Release:
· This release fixes the "sum billed" format error (if the field is active), as well as the "case notes" being lost after edit.
What's New in 0.7.3 Development Release:
· You can now change back to a previous case stage.
· A history of the stage changes was added to the case info panel.
· An infamous stage change bug was fixed.
· A few MSIE keyword bugs were fixed.
· An option to display currencies in Indian notation was added and problems with the way currencies in general are displayed were fixed.
· The Italian, German, and French translations were updated and man other bugs were fixed.