TuxBank is a simple web based application that allows you to manage your finances.
It is a simple tool that users with simple budgets can use when programs such as Quicken or GnuCash are overly complex for their budget.
TuxBank is written in php and uses mysql to store data. It is open source software licensed under the Gnu Public License. TuxBank is very much a beta program that is fairly incomplete at this time. However, I personally find it to be very usable in its current state.
TuxBank's interface uses standard compliant XHTML/CSS markup. It has only been tested using Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari, however, it should render just fine using any standards compliant browser.
What's New in This Release:
· You can now customize the toolbar.
· Simple Budget Helper is now included as part of TuxBank.
· There is now client-side form validation.
· You can now see the total amount of money per day.
· You can no longer withdraw or deposit negative amounts.
· Some more error handling was added.
· Many error messages were clarified.
· You can no longer name an account with only whitespace.
· A potential security hole was plugged.
· A MySQL error that would occur after a certain number of transactions was fixed.
· Minor theme changes were made.