Simple Invoices is a clean, simple, and basic Web-based invoicing system.
Simple Invoices is meant for personal invoices, home office invoicing, small organization invoicing, and basic POS (point of sale) systems for light usage.
Its goals are to be easy to use, simple and clean, and focused on its task. It is not meant for heavy-use POS applications, nor is it meant to be enterprise ready.
Installation on Simple Invoices:
· Now the required software has been installed and is running, download the latest Simple Invoices package from htt://simpleinvoices.sf.net
· Extract the contents of the simple_invoices_yyyymmdd.zip to a simpleinvoices folder in your web servers document root (ie. /var/www in Debian)
· Create a simple_invoices database on your database server. I recommend you use phpMyAdmin to create/manage your new database.
· Once this database has been created populate the database with tables and test data by running the SimpleInvoicesDatabase.sql file in your database
In phpMyAdmin open the simple_invoices database you just created and go to the SQL tab
Upload the file in the SimpleInvoicesDatabase.sql "Location of the textfile:" and click go
· Now the database has data and files have been 'installed' in the webservers document root, SimpleInvoice just need to have its configuration file edited and then its fine to use
Open the Simple Invoices coniguration file (which is config.php in the config/ folder) up in your favourite text editor
Edit the file so that
$db_host equals the name of your database server (normally "localhost"),
$db_name to the name of the database (normally "simple_invoices"),
$db_user to the database username for the database specified in $db_name,
$db_password to the password of the database user
· Everything has been setup and configured now, Simple Invoice is ready to be used
· Open your Internet browser and go to http://localhost/simpleinvoices and user Simple Invoices as you wish
What's New in This Release:
· This release fixes a bug with adding items in the edit view of an invoice.