tstalker is a user friendly Technical Analysis package for GNU/Linux.
Qtstalker is 100% free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL. An active development community is continually adding new features. We appreciate your input towards creating a world-class GNU/Linux TA package.
Here are some key features of "Qtstalker":
· A point-and-click object-oriented graphical user interface.
· Chart plugins include line, bar, candlestick, point and figure, and swing.
· Customizable colors. Logarithmic and linear arithmetic scaling. Scale to screen.
· Indicators plugins include MACD, MAs, Bollinger Bands, RSI, and dozens more.
· Chart drawing objects: trendlines, buy/sell arrows, horizontal and vertical lines, fibonacci retracement lines, text.
· Quote plugins download data from online sources such as Yahoo, CME, NYBOT.
· Data import plugins for plain-text CSV files and MySQL database.
· The "Plugin" architecture for quotes and indicators enables easy future extensibility.
· Daily, weekly and monthly chart compression (intra-day in development)
· Various data classes to support for investment types such as stocks, futures, indices, ratios and spreads.
· A back testing function allowing indicator performance tests using actual trading data.
· A very basic portfolio manager. Good for tracking open positions. (Suggestions welcome.)
· A Scanner that can scan the qtstalker database for charts that meet a user defined criteria.
What's New in This Release:
· 20070618: Added note to docs/faq.html that old indicators such as MA are now gone, so instead use, e.g. sma20 := TALIB(SMA,Close,20)
· 20070719: Fixed "Pivot Point (PP)" which was not returning the PlotLine when used via CUS. Thanks to xley.
· 20070904: Applied patch #1785660 - Clean up shared lib dependencies. Thanks to zwets.
· 20070917: Applied patch #1789605 - Yahoo hostname change affected our "Quote" option only (the "History" and "Auto History" were still okay). Thanks to sjakka.
· 20070919: Added generated source code documentation (produced with doxygen.org) to the Qtstalker website. Thanks to xley.
· 20070927: Enhanced Yahoo documentation to explain difficulties with "Quote"
· method and exchanges outside North America. Thanks to xley.
· 20070928: Enabled detection of either TA-Lib v0.3.0 or more recent versions. Thanks to zwets.
· 20070928: Improved installation instructions. Thanks to xley.
· 20070928: Provided link to Debian packages. Thanks to zwets.
· 20070928: Provided link to MySQL Plugin which is maintained as a separate project. Thanks to zwets.