Openbravo is an ERP business solution for small and medium sized companies. Its database structure is originally based on Compiere. Openbravo uses a fully Web based client/server architecture, and can be used from any Web browser.
It has support for PostgreSQL and Oracle database back-ends. Openbravo project is currently available in Spanish, English, Italian, Portuguese, and Russian.
Here are some key features of "Openbravo":
· Openbravo includes the full suite of functionalities that are common nowadays in an extended ERP: procurement, warehouse, project management, manufacturing, sales and financial processes. Basic CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and BI (Business Intelligence) are built in as well. Openbravo is already in production in companies spanning several industries, including distribution, services and manufacturing.
Truly integrated, truly an ERP:
· Openbravo is different from other 'ERP solutions' that piece together independent modules, often resulting in unnecessary complexity and unstable interfaces. From the start, Openbravo was designed with the whole at heart: all functionalities share a common architecture, philosophy, rules and user interface. Yet, you can still decide if and when you configure or use each functionality provided by Openbravo.
· Openbravo's open source license permits unrestricted access to the source code and makes it possible for an independent community of IT professionals to provide services without any type of vendor lock-in.
· Additionally, Openbravo provides a broad range of functionalities that can be easily customized to fit the common business needs of SMEs. We understand that each company is unique and has its own specific particularities. For these companies, that require a more particular customization, we offer something more: unrestricted access to the underlying source code to tailor to your specific needs. You're not likely to get this kind of flexibility if you license a solution from a traditional vendor.
· Openbravo is developed around a revolutionary architecture that results in a better way to build software applications. Through a combination of well known standards such as MVC (Model, View, Control) and MDD (Model Driven Development) an abstraction layer has been created that provides the automation of code generation. This strategy enables higher productivity than in other architectures or development platforms. Besides, it provides better quality because the files are coded always using the same rules and style. Consequently, if a specific requirement, not met by the standard solution, needs to be developed from scratch, coders can greatly benefit from a consistent coding framework.
· Openbravo can be installed in just a few hours. After having your business needs defined, it can be customized to fit them in a matter of days. In just a few weeks you can have your current business information migrated to the Openbravo, integrations with other systems done, specific requirements developed and your employees trained to start working with the new enterprise management system. Openbravo does not require any irreversible implementation decisions. This allows you to go into production faster. Moreover, the system can be easily adapted to changing business needs whenever required and have a flexible deployment of new functionalities.
· Because Openbravo is a pure web-based ERP users access the application with just a web browser, a well known user interface environment. The user interface is generated based on rules and these are designed to minimize the user learning curve. We continue investing to have the best-in-class usability, adopting the most recent presentation techniques for web applications like AJAX.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Keyboard Operations & Shortcuts: this feature dramatically improves the usability of Openbravo ERP by allowing users to fully operate the system using the keyboard only and by providing shortcuts for the most common actions.
· Focus Management: data entry and edit is now streamlined by placing initial focus in a new window in the most logical field rather than in the first one and therefore reducing the number of clicks that are required to complete a transaction. System administrators can further configure this option to optimize data entry for the specific requirements of each implementation.
Improved Visibility of System Status: through the usage of visual clues, the user interface now better informs users of the status of the system, therefore preventing mistakes and confusion. In particular:
· Read-only transactions are clearly identified.
New animated icons inform users when the system is:
· Loading a new window
· Loading data
· Executing a background process
· Different icons show when users are editing an existing record or creating a new one.
· The Save icons are disabled when no change needs to be saved.
Improved Selectors: all the Selector windows now use the same Ajax grid already present in the grid transactional views and provide:
· Faster data retrieval and rendering
· Fixed header that is always visible
· Sorting of search results
· Resizable and movable columns
Improved Globalization Support:
· Multi-schema Accounting: you can now define and use multiple accounting schemas within your system. This feature enables you to account the same transactions according to different rules, in different charts of accounts, in different base currencies and with a different accounting calendar.
· Organizations with international operations can use this functionality to produce accounting that support both local legal compliance and corporate reporting and consolidation.
· International Bank Account Numbers: you can now define bank accounts according with international number formats for both your organization and your business partners.
· Withholding Tax: you can now manage your entire withholding tax process,from configuration and collection to reporting.
· VAT Register: you can now complete your tax reports by providing VAT registers which provide separate document numbering controls for your VAT transactions.
Broader Functional Scope:
Purchase Requisitions Support: users can now initiate the procurement flow by entering requisitions rather than purchase orders. This enables a clear separation of roles and duties between:
· The Requestor who expresses a demand for goods or services through a requisition.
· The Purchasing Specialist who selects the most appropriate supplier based on the organization strategic procurement objectives and generates the purchase order, either manually or automatically based on rules.
· Goods Receipt by PO number: registering the receipt of material in the warehouse is now streamlined by letting users initiate the process by entering the number of the expected purchase order.
· Enhanced Projects & Services module:the Project and Service Management module has been completely reviewed and refactored.
· Workflow redesigned.
· The Construction and Service Project windows functionalities has been superseded by the Service Project window.
· Multiphase Project window now correctly generates Sales Orders.
· Sales and Purchase Orders created in Service Project window include lines.
· Automatic selection of the business partner based on project in the Expense Sheet window.
· Invoiceable and Employee Expenses windows now support read-only data view.
· Sales Orders created from Invoiceable Expenses can now be completed and processed automatically.
· Enhanced error messages.
· Historical Salary Category: you can now record the historical salary category of your employees as well as the current one. Using this feature you can correctly perform analysis and reporting of past transactions; for example, you can correctly calculate the cost and profitability of a past project.
· Payment Aging Balance Report: this report allows you to review all your pending payments and collections and their relative aging and can be used to optimize your cash flow.
· Budget Report: this report allows you to compare your budget with your actual expenditures and revenues and can be used to monitor progress towards your organization plans and objectives.
· Pareto Report: this report classifies your products according A-B-C categorization based on either quantity on hand or inventory value and can be used to focus your material management attention to the products that are most valuable to your organization.
· Payments Report: you can now run the Payment Report for more than one business partner at a time.
· Security Enhancements: the sytem security has been significantly revised and improved. In particular, there is now a stronger segregation of duties between users with administrative roles for the whole system and users with administrative roles for a single client.
· Audit: you can now review who created and last updated each transaction.
Additional web services: the following additional web services are now available:
· Heartbeat: to help us improving our software quality, you can now optionally configure the Heartbeat which communicates information about your system back to Openbravo which will be used to feedback the development process. To thank you for this valuable information, once the heartbeat is configured, you will receive automatic notifications of available system updates.
· PostgreSQL 8.3 Support: Openbravo ERP 2.40 now supports PostgreSQL in both version 8.2 and 8.3.
· Improved Universal Installer: the Universal Installer has been completely redesigned and it is now smaller, faster and simpler to use.