Quoots is a free lightweight office extension that makes it a lot easier and faster to: 1) find & open the document you want & 2) fill in client details (eg. name, company, phone, fax number, etc on the top of a Fax Template).
It consists of:
· Quickload: a window which lists a central set of documents, and can open a document in as little as 3 keystrokes (F5, f, enter - loads the fax template) - this can be quite a timesaver when a lot of files are being opened every day, as well as being easier.
· Quickedit: a window which acts like an addressbook - type in a clients name, or a company name and it will bring up their details (phone, fax, etc) and it can use this to quickly fill in many standard letters - such as the aforementioned fax template - saving a lot of time that may have been spent looking up the details and then typing them in.
Here are some key features of "Quoots":
· works under OpenOffice.org 1.x & 2.x as well as Staroffice 7 and above.
· can work with any database systems that OpenOffice.org supports (including ODBC or LDAP).
· supports multi-user & single-user systems - or a mix of the two.
· as it is built on OpenOffice.org macros & database features, works on any OS that OpenOffice.org does.
· open source means it can be tailored to meet your requirements.
· existing documents can be utilized with little to no changes needed.
What's New in This Release:
· Mostly spurred by a few necessary fixes to the installation program
· A new feature for QuickEdit is the "SmartTip" dropdown box that autocompletes matches as you type.