The aim of the program is to make it as easy as possible for people to do their own personal budgets and keep track of their finances.
Here are some key features of "MyBudget":
· Create a budget and organize budget items into categories.
· Nominate budget items to be paid from either a cash account or via a "Direct Debit" account which allows you to save for big ticket items and ensure timely payment of scheduled bills.
· Automatically calculates how much money you must put aside each fortnight to meet all your "Direct Debit" obligations.
· Automatically tells you how much money you must have in Direct Debit account to meet your obligatory payments on any particular date.
· Record and save expenses against each of your budget categories.
· Track how your expenses relate to your budget so you can determine if you are over or under-spending in any of your categories.
· Sort your records into categories or by date.
· Comes with realistic example to show how things work.
· Allows you to export any of your reports, records, budget and Direct Debit status to the Gnumeric Spreadsheet program where they can be either printed or used for more detailed analysis.
· Allows you to export any of your reports, records, budget and Direct Debit status to the AbiWord WordProcessor program where they can be printed or incorporated into a report.
· python bindings for gconf.
What's New in This Release:
· Windows Port (Ryan)
· Exciting new splashscreen and icon (Ryan)
· Most Recent files support.
· Automatically loads your previously used Budget at startup.
· "example" budget in help menu shows what a realistic budget is like
· Export to AbiWord
· Button reorganization so program runs on smaller screens.
· Better number formatting.
· Headings on columns in exported documents
· Direct Debit pane