Venice is a stock market trading programme that supports portfolio management, charting, technical analysis, paper trading and experimental methods like genetic programming.
Venice runs in a graphical user interface with online help and has full documentation. Venice runs on UNIX, including Mac OS X and Windows.
Here are some key features of "Merchant of Venice":
· Chart Advance/Decline
· Chart Bar Chart
· Chart Bollinger Bands
· Chart Candle Stick
· Chart Exponential Moving Average
· Chart High-Low
· Chart Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MACD)
· Chart Momentum
· Chart Moving Average
· Chart On Balance Volume (OBV)
· Chart Open/High/Low/Close/Volume
· Chart Point & Figure
· Chart Relative Strength Index (RSI)
· Chart Standard Deviation
· Chart an index of a group of any stocks
· Chart custom indicators
Genetic Algorithms & Programming
· Use evolutionary computation to tweak buy/sell rules
· Use evolutionary computation to evolve new buy/sell rules
· Create custom buy/sell rules for paper trading
· List only stocks in tables that meet custom criteria
· Display custom indicator results in tables
· Graph custom indicators
· Chinese Translation
· French Translation
· Italian Translation
· Polish Translation
· Swedish Translation
· Automated Paper Trade on buy/sell rules
· Automated Paper Trade on family of buy/sell rules
· Supports multiple portfolios
· Portfolios support multiple cash/stock accounts
· Chart portfolio value over time
· Chart portfolio return over time
· Chart any cash account value over time
· Chart any share account value over time
· Chart number of stocks held over time
· Access quotes in a HSQLDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL or other database
· Import quote files in EzyChart, InsightTrader or MetaStock formats
· Import quotes from the Internet (Yahoo Finance)
Sciptable with Jython
· List all quotes on any day
· List all quotes for any stocks
· Sort stocks by activity, change, volume or quote
· List only stocks that meet custom criteria
· Display custom indicator results
· List intra-day stocks in Watch Screens
What's New in This Release:
· Added multi-currency portfolio support (Andrew Leppard, Quentin Bossard)
· Added support for currencies with greater than 100 subdivisions, e.g. Kuwaiti dinar which has 1,000 fils per dinar.
· Portfolios are now saved as XML files in the user's home directory. This should improve performance when loading and saving portfolios and make them easier to manage (e.g. backup).
· Catalan translation added (Jordi Pujol).
· HSQLDB databases are now stored in binary format and are no longer fully cached in memory. This should improve performance and reduce memory usage.
· Charting indicators, such as Bollinger Bands, is now much faster.
· HSQLDB V184.108.40.206 from 220.127.116.11
· MySQL Connector/J V3.1.12 from 3.1.11.
· User drawn lines now scale properly when graph is resized (Mark Hummel).