Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Kraft 0.57:
- This is the last bugfixing release for the 0.5x series. This releases fixes serious bugs of previous versions.
- The send-by-email function now queries the recipient (prefered email) of the documents contact data, and also works properly again with the thunderbird mail client. Special item types in a document (on-demand or alternative items) can now be removed again from an item. Also the Ok/Cancel handling of the document editor window was fixed. If the document type of an existing document is changed, the doc ID is now reset from the document type specific number cycle. Apart from that, a couple of memory management hickups were repaired which lead even to crashes here and there.
- It is recommended to update from previous versions.
- LICENSE TYPE:
- GPL (GNU General Public License)
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Klaas Freitag & Johannes Spielhagen
- USER RATING:
- ROOT \ Office \ Finance
Features at a glance
Key features include customer management, easy creation of offers, invoices and acceptance of order documents, calculation of positions, easy material management, templates for texts and positions, as well as tweakable PDF document creation.
With Kraft, users will be able to easily create business communication documents, such as offers and invoices, using the applications easy-to-use graphical user interface, which integrates well with the KDE infrastructure, through KAddressbook.
Modern, familiar user interface with numerous options
The application’s graphical user interface (GUI) is modern, familiar, providing users with numerous options and functions. At a glance, users will see a list of available documents, organized by time or latest entries, tagged as invoices or offers.
A sidebar, which is located on the left side of the window, will give users quick access to documents, catalogs and system. While the Documents view mode lets you to create and edit documents, the Catalogs view mode allows you to organize your documents in categories/catalogues. The System view mode offers detailed information about the application’s internal components (database, language, etc.).
Under the hood, availability and supported operating systems
Kraft is a cross-platform application, written entirely in the C++ programming language. It uses the platform-independent Qt GUI toolkit for the graphical user interface and supports a wide range of GNU/Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Mageia and openSUSE.
For your convenience, the developers provide pre-built binary packages for the aforementioned operating systems, as well as a universal sources archive, which allows you to optimize the application for a specific hardware architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
Kraft was reviewed by Marius Nestor, last updated on November 10th, 2014