IBM OmniFind Yahoo! Edition 8.4
IBM OmniFind Yahoo! Edition is a free, entry-level enterprise search software solution.
Make information actionable with a simple, no-charge, enterprise search engine.
· Empower employees to rapidly find the information they need from inside the enterprise and the public web.
· Unify information from many different internal sources using the familiar and easy-to-use Yahoo! Search interface.
· Keep customers happy and reduce support costs with intuitive search-based access to product and service information.
· Install and customize in minutes with intuitive yet powerful administration capabilities.
· Experience immediate ROI with no up-front investment; pay only for optional support.
· Maintain flexibility for future growth with IBM’s comprehensive Content Discovery and Information Management portfolio.
Here are some key features of "IBM OmniFind Yahoo Edition":
Search internal web sites, local and remote file systems, and the public web
· Up to 500,000 documents
· Support for 200+ file types
· Support for 30+ languages
Intuitive out-of-the-box user interface with advanced features
· Based on Yahoo! Search UI View Screen Shot
· Easily customized with graphical tools to configure look-and-feel, UI elements, branding View Screen Shot
· Spell suggestion
· Full wildcard support
Increased relevancy of results
· Configurable synonyms and featured links View Screen Shot
· Tunable relevancy controls View Screen Shot
· "Top query" and "no results" reporting to enable fine-tuning View Screen Shot
Easy to deploy, configure, and maintain
· No prerequisites
· 3-click installer
· 1-click startup
· Go from the installer to searching in minutes
Open and extensible
· Built on Apache Lucene
· Open URL-based APIs (REST)
· Easily embeddable and customizable UI output (XML/XSTL/HTML, HTML snippets)
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 6
· Mozilla Firefox 1.5
· 1 Processor
· 1GB of RAM
· 80GB of Disk Space
· 2 Processors at 3 GHz
· 2GB of RAM
· 250GB Mirrored Hard Drives