Divifund is a finance manager that does what you want it to, and no more. No steep learning curve for features you'll never use. No degree in accounting needed to understand how to budget your money. Divifund fits you and your budget.
The aim of the program is to make it as easy as possible for people to do their own personal budgets and keep track of their finances. Using this program you can:
Create a budget and organize budget items into categories.
Nominate budget items to be paid from either a cash account or via a "Direct Debit" account which allows you to save for big ticket items and ensure timely payment of scheduled bills.
Automatically calculates how much money you must put aside each fortnight to meet all your "Direct Debit" obligations.
Automatically tells you how much money you must have in Direct Debit account to meet your obligatory payments on any particular date.
Record and save expenses against each of your budget categories.
Track how your expenses relate to your budget so you can determine if you are over or under-spending in any of your categories.
Sort your records into categories or by date.
Comes with realistic example to show how things work.
Allows you to export any of your reports, records, budget and Direct Debit status to the Gnumeric Spreadsheet program where they can be either printed or used for more detailed analysis.
Allows you to export any of your reports, records, budget and Direct Debit status to the AbiWord WordProcessor program where they can be printed or incorporated into a report.
· GTK+ 2.2 or newer
What's New in This Release:
· Another new release of Divifund, 0.62, is out and available for *nix and Windows!
· This release includes some additional input validation to prevent problematic entries from being added to accounts, as well as code reorganization and additional internationalization.
· The Import tab is still present but inoperable, providing a tantalizing glimpse of the future!
· This is a recommended update for all users.
· As always, report any bugs found to the Divifund Bugzilla, available under Help Out.