ChkBk is a simple, yet functional checkbook registry program.
I wrote ChkBk because I use my checkcard a lot, but I never have my checkbook with me. I got tired of having to hold on to my receipts until I got home and then having to remember to enter the info into my checkbook when I did get home. My goal was to have something simple that I could access easily from work. I use a linux box at work, so naturally command line access and ssh was my first choice since, 1) It's encrytped, 2) It doesn't take up much network resources like a gui program would, 3) I'm comfortable at the command line. Plus, I was bored and needed a reason to learn more about shell programming.
Here are some key features of "ChkBk":
· It's FREE. Free as in beer and free as in freedom since it's licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL)
· You just want to keep an accurate checkbook.
· You want to keep a record of your transactions on your computer, but don't want to pay for anything to do something so trivial.
· You don't really want or need the functionality of something like Quicken(tm).
· You want something almost as simple, if not simpler, to use than it would be to just right it down on paper.
· Keep an accurate record of checking and/or savings account transactions
· View full or partial transaction history
· Backup/Restore the database to/from another location on your computer or a remote computer with a locally mounted filesytem
· Print all or partial list of transactions in a nice, easy to read format
What's New in This Release:
· A major bug was fixed to make ChkBk properly identify when a check number has already been used.
· The ability to search databases for specific transactions has been added.
· Deposit and withdrawal menus now automagically fill in decimal places as zeros when none is entered for amount and fee fields.
· The user can now type "h" in any menu field to bring up the help.
· Various minor bugs have been fixed and screen output has been cleaned up.
· A minor adjustment was made to smooth out transition from balance menu.
· Various minor installer bugs have been fixed, including most Cygwin install problems.