Bots is a quite complete translator for EDI (Electronic Data Interchange; edifact; x12). Major EDI data formats supported: edifact, x12, tradacoms, XML.
Full documentation: http://bots.sourceforge.net/en/index.shtml
Here are some key features of "Bots":
EDI data formats:
· Bots translates any of these formats to any other of these formats.
· edifact - all messages (all versions!) are available as download.
· x12 - all transactions (all versions!) are available as download.
· fixed records/flatfile/ASCII
· sap idoc
· html: Readable/printable format ('EDI-fax')
· pop3 including tls, ssl.
· smtp including tls, ssl.
· File I/O.
· Database connector (direct communication to database).
· External communication modules.
· User scriptable communication.
We know of connections with eg:
· IPMail (Btinfonet).
· Sterling Commerce.
· Not directly.
· Succesfull implementations have been doen with: http://as2.mendelson-e-c.com
· VAN's offer AS2 services.
Plugins for distributable configuration:
· Easy installation of EDI scenarios.
· Plugins can be downloaded from this web site.
· Plugins provide good examples and learning material.
· Distribution and sharing of configurations by e.g. bots-users, buyers, ERP suppliers or EDI communities.
· Easy update/patch possible.
· It is easy to make a plugin current configuration; eg for support purposes or to set-up a back-up installation.
· Bots is web based. Use bots-monitor (GUI) from any workstation in your company.
· Communication and translation can be manually started, be scheduled or started from eg ERP software.
· Get notified by mail in case of errors.
· A lot of flexibility comes from user scripting (form communication, routing etc).
· Platform independent; works on Windows, Linux, Unix.
· Bots performs good and stable with heavier loads: big messages, lots of messages, lots of 'runs'.
· Supported databases: SQLite (default), MySQL, PostgreSQL.
· Code conversion, e.g. EAN/UCC-numbers to internal article number.
· Resend and rereceive edi messages.
· Partner dependent syntax (especially for x12 transactions).
· Fully integrated Unicode (character sets).
· Debug options for setting up EDI connections.
· django > 1.1.0; for 1.2.0 small modification is needed - an update plugin for bots is available
· Kid (only when using templates/mapping to HTML)
· SQLAlchemy >=4.0. (only when using database connector)
· Extra dependency for python 2.5: pysqlite, SQLite > 2.6 (please: check version!!! version 2.5.* will result in errors for bots-engine!)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bugfixes and smaller changes.